Best Motherboard for i3 8100
The Intel Core i3 8100 is a great budget processor. It's not the best, but it offers amazing performance for the price point. To get the most out of your CPU, you need to purchase a motherboard that supports it. This article will give you some information on motherboards compatible with this CPU and other key components such as RAM and storage devices. It'll also list the pros and cons of each motherboard so that you can make an educated decision before purchasing one!
GIGABYTE H310M A 2.0
The GIGABYTE H310M A gaming motherboard is designed for gaming computers that need to be both powerful and reasonably priced. It supports Core i3 8100 processors manufactured by Intel in the last three generations (Intel® Coffee Lake, Kaby Lake Refresh and Skylake). The board offers dual-channel memory of up to 2400 MHz with non-ECC memory modules. The gaming motherboard also offers a variety of ports, such as two USB Type C (USB-C) ports, four PCIe Gen II x16 slots, and three SATA III connectors for hard drives or SSDs with speeds up to 128 GB/s.
The features that provide the most flexibility are probably its Smart Fan and RGB LED strips which can be configured to light the motherboard in seven different colors. The gaming board also offers a number of gaming-specific features, such as support for WiFi antennas and M.2 SSDs.
This gaming board is excellent value for gamers who want their computer to last with minimal maintenance costs, but it does not offer overclocking options or SLI compatibility. Overall excellent Core i3 8100 motherboard.
Key Features: Supports up to 2400MHz memory modules, Dual Channel Non-ECC Memory, gaming motherboard with solid features for a gaming board and can be configured in seven different colors. Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Head.
Gaming-specific features such as WiFi antennas and M.2 are included, gaming board with solid features for a gaming board and can be configured in seven different colors.
No overclocking or SLI compatibility, gaming motherboard is excellent value but not the best option if you're looking to overclock your CPU.
A gaming motherboard with solid features for a gaming board and offers up to 2400MHz memory modules, Dual Channel Non-ECC Memory, gaming-specific features such as WiFi antennas, and M. The H310M comes in at an excellent value but does not offer overclocking or SLI compatibility options which can be seen as cons depending on the gaming style and experience.
ASRock Z390 PRO4
The ASRock Z390 PRO4 motherboard is an excellent choice for a large variety of computer builds, with various features to suit the needs of any gamer or professional. It supports Intel's latest LGA1151 processors and offers four DDR-DIMM slots that can hold up to 64GBs of memory at speeds up to 3600MHz. With two PCI-Express x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots, it has plenty of room for adding additional graphics cards as well.
The ASRock Z390 PRO4 is a gaming motherboard. It offers the latest Intel Core i3-8100 CPUs and up to 128GB of DDR4 RAM for gaming systems with high demands on performance, as well as storage space for large files thanks to its eight SATA III ports and two M.2 slot slots. The board also has an analog audio connector for gaming headsets, and a clear CMOS jumper to help with BIOS settings.
The ASRock Z390 PRO4 features onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi so gamers who want a wireless connection will not have any problems with the device, as well as USB Type C ports which are perfect for connecting devices such as gaming headsets.
The ASRock Z390 PRO-IV motherboard is an excellent option for people who are looking for a high-performance motherboard that doesn't need the most expensive components. It has plenty of room for adding additional graphics cards and comes with WiFi antennas built-in. The motherboard also includes USB Type C connectivity which can be used for data transfers, video output, and display.
- Zero lag gaming with Intel I219V Gigabit LAN and 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which offers gaming without cables or a router
- Efficient gaming power - the 95W CPU support chipset on this motherboard is perfect for gaming systems because it provides gaming performance while staying energy efficient;
- Supports gaming with up to three Nvidia gaming graphics cards or four AMD gaming graphics cards
- Can also be used for gaming VR; ASRock Super Alloy motherboard components and memory buffer design provide the best gaming experience without throttling, meaning no lag from CPU in the game.
- Supports AMD Quad CrossfireX, CrossFireDown technology
- Comes with 12 phase power for stable performance under heavy load; LGA1151 supports CPU up to Generation 9000 series in one package size
- Built-in WiFi for easy access to the internet -Plenty of slots for expansion, Fast CPU with plenty of power to spare.
- Supports Nvidia gaming graphics cards
- Has onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- The USB Type C ports are perfect for gaming headsets
- Lacks support from ASRock Smart Sync, Intel's version of AMD Ryzen's SenseMI technology which will be introduced. This is a feature that allows processors with integrated graphics to more intelligently share system resources and features an improved responsiveness in certain applications.
- Does not come with the WiFi antennae plugged into the motherboard which will need to be purchased separately
-Slow boot time because it uses a 32GB Intel Optane Memory instead of an SSD. It would be better if the motherboard had another PCI-Express slot that could support two graphics cards so you don't need to unplug your GPU every time you want to add another one.
The ASRock Z390 PRO is a great motherboard for gamers who want to play games and have the best system without sacrificing performance or energy efficiency, however, the board may be pricey for some people because of its features. Overall it’s a pretty amazing motherboard for core i3 8100
MSI B360 GAMING PLUS
The gaming plus series from MSI has a handful of gaming motherboards that are targeted at budget gamers. The B360 GAMING PLUS is one of the boards in this lineup and it’s very affordable for its class. In terms of features, it has all the standard gaming fare such as an RGB LED logo and gaming ports, along with some extras like a second M.2 SATA slot (M key) for expansion or fast storage.
The MSI B360 GAMING PLUS motherboard has been around for a while now and it still remains one of my favorite gaming boards on the market today. It's always in stock, it has a good gaming experience, and the price is just right. The board graphics are capable of playing most games at reasonable framerates with a gaming card with the right specifications (graphics card).
The MSI B360 GAMING PLUS motherboard features support for up to 64GB DDR-RAM in four slots running at 2400MHz, with a maximum supported speed of 2666MHz. The four slots are positioned in two sets, with the first set near the CPU and the second set located at the other end of this gaming motherboard. All four DDR4-RAM slots on this gaming board feature support for up to 64GB modules per slot, which is great news if you're considering future upgrades.
There are two PCI-Express x16 slots on the gaming motherboard, with support for either 16x or a maximum of four cards running in an x16 mode (PCIe Gen I/II). The MSI B360 GAMING PLUS also features four PCIe x1 slot, and one M.2SATA port to improve storage. The gaming motherboard is also equipped with two USB-A ports, six USB-B, and one type C as well.
The gaming motherboard features a Realtek ALC8925 codec that provides support for up to 192kHz/24bit audio streams in Windows systems, which allows for true high definition sound quality when gaming or streaming games online.
- gaming connections
- onboard graphics are capable of playing most games at reasonable framerates with a gaming card with the right specifications
- good features for the price of the board (in terms of gaming)
-gaming motherboard is equipped with two USB-A ports, six USB-B and one type C as well.
- not a very high-end gaming motherboard. This is evident by its lack of overclocking capabilities and more affordable onboard graphics.
- Not a very wide range of ports, but that is to be expected in this price range.
-gaming board does not come with wifi card or built in ethernet controller.
MSI B360M PRO-VD
MSI B360M PRO-VD motherboard is a microATX form factor with plenty of features for gamers. The board has two DIMM slots and supports up to 32GB DDR400 RAM (in dual channel) at speeds from 2400MHz, 2666 MHz or 2933 MHz. It also offers Intel Optane memory which can be used as a cache or for storage. The motherboard has six USB 3.1 ports (four on the back panel, two in front), a single HDMI and DisplayPort connector for video output, Realtek ALC887 audio codecs with Nahimic Audio Enhancer to produce high-quality sound. The board comes with an Intel B360 chipset which supports all Coffee Lake processors from Core i3 8100 series up to Core i-9900ks. It is also equipped with a single M.2
MSI B360M PRO-VD motherboard has plenty of features for gamers but the lack of Intel Optane Memory Ready RGB chipset and onboard WiFI are its major flaws which may be an issue in competitive gaming.
MSI B360M PRO-VD motherboard offers an affordable chipset for gamers with a lot of features to satisfy them such as Audio Enhancer, Turbo Boost and more. Performance is solid but lacks RGB feature which may be a big deal in competitive gaming; you also need WiFi dongle if you want wireless connectivity. Overall amazing motherboard choice for Core i3 8100.
- Plenty of features
- Memory speed support up to 2666 MHz
- Supports Intel core i-9900k
- Affordable price for the performance it offers
- Not compatible with AMD CPUs.
- Intel Optane memory requires an additional investment in either the processor and/or motherboard BIOS update.
- No RGB chipset onboard, limited to motherboard's red and black color scheme.
- The WiFI module is not integrated which means you will need a USB dongle if you want one in order to connect to the internet.
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
The ASUS PRIME Z390-A motherboard is a great choice for the best of both worlds. This motherboard supports Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake processors, it has USB Type C along with two other ports at the back IO panel. It offers M.l support which can provide up to 32 Gb/s transfer speeds and also supports Intel Optane Memory. The motherboard supports up to 64 GB of DDR-2400 (O.C) memory and has an integrated graphics card that can be paired with the CPU's dedicated GPU for high-performance gaming or video editing applications, it also comes with a huge amount of storage support including SATA III ports as well as NVME drive connectivity. It comes with a lot of features and is an excellent motherboard for your needs.
-Designed for Intel Core processors from the ninth to eighth generation, maximizing connectivity and speed with M.2 as well as USB Type C while also supporting Optane Memory
- Comes with many features and is an excellent motherboard choice to meet your needs.
- Supports up to 64 GB DDR 2400 memory which is excellent for all your needs
- The integrated graphics card can pair with the CPU’s dedicated GPU for high-performance gaming or video editing applications. It also comes with storage support that includes SATA III ports and NVME connectivity as well.
- Comes with a lot of features and is an excellent motherboard choice to meet your needs
- The motherboard is expensive
- Not the best motherboard for gamers as it doesn't come with a lot of PCIe lanes.
The ASUS PRIME Z390-A motherboard has some excellent features with its support for Intel's latest processors and many other features but is also simplistic for those who want something simple. It has a lot of compatibility options with various setups and requirements, so it can be used in any motherboard situation especially best for Core i3 8100.
The best motherboards for your i3 8100 are the GIGABYTE H310M A 2.0, ASRock Z390 PRO4, MSI B360 GAMING PLUS, MSI B360M PRO-VD, and ASUS PRIME Z390-A. These five boards have a variety of features that will meet any need you may have when building or upgrading your computer. Whether you're looking for an inexpensive motherboard with just the essentials or something more high-end to future-proof yourself, these products should do the trick! I hope this article was helpful in determining which board is right for both your budget and needs. Thanks for reading!
Is i3 8100 enough for gaming?
The gaming community has been asking the question "Is i3 8100 enough for gaming?" This article will answer that question. The Intel Core i3-8100 is a quad core processor, with hyperthreading and an L2 cache of 3 MB. It is at the level of a Core i5-7500 as it also features 4 threads with no hyperthreading.
It has higher base clock speed than the Core i5-7500 but lower turbo boost frequency. The IPC improvements from this newer generation are also present in the Core i3 processors, which means they should perform better than older models when running single-threaded tasks. Overall, the performance of this CPU is good for gaming even though it has a lower turbo frequency.